April 13, 2010

Dear Jeff Koons...


I know you are famous and all. And I also know that you take from other artists and make it yours, and that's very modern and stuff. However, I made art with this inflatable lobster first. Yes, me. I purchased it in a supermarket in Florida in 2000. Which was definitely before all this inflatable lobster art that you have been making. I have to admit, I find it extremely amusing that you have the connections that allow you to hang this incredibly amusing inflatable lobster in Versailles. So... even though I am generally annoyed that I was first to find this lobster - and received little credit for driving it through Minot, North Dakota sticking out of a Jeep, took it to a Wal-Mart, and created a borderline softcore starring this very same lobster - I still think we should hang out. That's all. So, coffee sometime?


No comments: